Sunday, April 06, 2008

Sewing

I got a sewing machine for Christmas a few years ago and I haven't done any sewing. I wanted it and asked for it but just haven't taken the time to sit down and figure out how it works. I've only sewn a few things on my mom's machine (a table runner and Nelson's Christmas stocking), but I think I can figure mine out. I'm a smart girl, after all. It's figuring out the patterns that I find to be the most difficult. Nonetheless, I want to try to dust it off and become more of a seamstress. Here are a couple of ideas for my first projects...Something like a windowseat cushion, except to go on top of the trunk that sits at the end of my bed. And...
New pillows for the living room. The ones that we have I bought when we moved into our house three years ago, and they're getting a bit old. I've already thrown one away. Buying pillows can be expensive, but making square ones is fairly easy. I think this may be my first project, just to dip my toes in the sewing waters. I'll post pictures of the final projects. :) And I'm going to hold myself to a date... the goal is April 28 for the finished pillows!

0 comments: